ReputationDefender Chief Operating Officer Owen Tripp (far left) recently spoke at a special event for the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development). During his panel, entitled the Business of Privacy, Tripp discussed ReputationDefender and the emergence of the online reputation management industry as it relates to privacy protection and consumer control over personal data. Tripp also spoke about the microeconomics of privacy choices and how the private sector solutions (like ReputationDefender) deliver the best opportunity for consumers to truly manage their privacy.
Alongside Owen were a number of international experts in the fields of Internet and privacy, including:
– Alessandro Acquisti, Associate Professor, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University
– David Smith, Deputy Information Commissioner, United Kingdom
– J. Trevor Hughes, Executive Director, International Association of Privacy Professionals
– Paolo Balboni, European Privacy Association
– Andreas Krisch, President, European Digital Rights
The session was one of five during the Paris-based conference, which is recognized as one of the leading forums for the discussion of data privacy issues. ReputationDefender was proud to be a participant in the conference, and we look forward to working with the OECD again in the future.